Today metal-cutting is a very segment indeed of our industry. The motor car industry, electrical engineering, railways, shipbuilding, aircraft manufacture, production of domestic equipment and the machine tool industry itself—all these have large machine shops with many thousands o f employees engaged in machining.
This book Useful for Mechanical Engineering Students.
1. Process of Metal Cutting
2. Mechanics of Metal Cutting
4. Cutting Fluids
5. Surface Finishing Processes
6. Chatter and Surface Finish
7. Basic Features and Kinematic Requirements of Machine Tools
8. Kinematic Drives of Machine TooIs
9. Newer Machining Processes
10. Capstan, Turret and Automatic Lathes
11, Testing, Maintenance and Erection of Machine Tools
12. Economics of Machine Tool Selection
13. Typical Problems
14. Objective Type Problems