Heat Transfer For VTU Course 15 CBCS (VI- MECH. - 15ME63) by Srikanth V. Karankoti, Vivekand P., Dr. Vilas V. Shinde, Dr. Sanjay Patil, Prof. Dr. Atul Padalkar
The importance of Heat Transfer is well known in various engineering fields. Overwhelming response to my books on various subjects inspired me to write this book. The book is structured to cover the key aspects of the subject Heat Transfer.
The book uses plain, lucid language to explain fundamentals of this subject. The book provides logical method of explaining various complicated concepts and stepwise methods to explain the important topics. Each chapter is well supported with necessary illustrations, practical examples and solved problems. All the chapters in the book are arranged in a proper sequence that permits each topic to build upon earlier studies. All care has been taken to make students comfortable in understanding the basic concepts of the subject.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Mechanical Engineering students.
Table of Contents:
1. Introductory Concepts and definitions
2. Steady State One Dimensional Heat Conduction Problems in Cartesian System
3. Critical Thickness of Insulation and Extended Surfaces
4. Transient Heat Conduction
5. Numerical Analysis of Heat Conduction
6. Thermal Radiation
7. Forced Convection
8. Heat Exchangers
9. Heat Transfer With Phase Change