Involvement of a Pharmacist in the patient care areas is the urgent need of health care system. There has been as evergrowing, concern about refoucussing the pharmaceutical education to fulfill this need. Pharmaceutical education regulatory bodies have acknowledged this need and hence it reflects in “Education Regulation 1991” of Pharmacy Council of India. Looking at the corresponding educational and training needs of students, we felt the necessity of a book on “Clinical Pharmacy”.
A large body of information available on this subject is widely spread in different books. We have attempted to present collective information basically introductory in nature. We hope that in information provided in a concise form will prove useful to the future pharmacist to understand the concept viz. “Patient Oriented Practice of Pharmacy”.
This book Useful for B. Pharma student.
1. Introduction to Clinical Pharmacy Practice
2. Medical Terminology
3. Physiological Parameters
6. Modern Dispensing Aspects
7. Diseases : Manifestations and Pathophysiology
8. Drug Abuse and Drug Dependence
9. Adverse Drug Reactions
10. Drug Interactions
11. Pharmacist : The Drug Information Specialist
12. Clinical Drug Literature : Selection, Evaluation and Utilization
13. Investigational Drugs and Clinical Research
14. Drug Therapy Monitoring
15. Monitoring the Patient in Health and Illness
16. Patient Communication
17. Community Pharmacy Practice