Fundamentals Of Machining And Machine Tools by R K Singal, Mridual Singal
Fundamentals of Machining and Machine Tools deals with analytical modeling of machining processes, modern cutting tools materials and how these affect the economics of machining. The book emphasizes underlying concepts, analytical methods and economic considerations.
Spread in 22 chapters, the book is broadly divided in four sections:
Audience of the Book :
|The book is intended not only for undergraduate and postgraduate students Computer Science And Mechanical Engineering.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Provides a detailed coverage of machine tool applications, vibrations, automation and computer aided manufacturing.
2. Includes machining data (Appendix I), main characteristics of machine tools (Appendix II), and classification of machine tools (Appendix III).
3. Includes a large number of solved numerical examples in chapters along with end-of-the-chapter exercises.
Table of Contents:
1. Machining Processes
2. Mechanics of Metal Cutting
3. Heat Generation in Metal Cutting
4. Cutting Fluids
5. Surface Quality and Surface Finish
6. Chip Control
7. Grinding Process
8. Economics of Metal Cutting Operations
9. Cost Estimation of Machined Components
10. Nonconventional Machining Process
11. Design for Machining
12. Nomenclature and Geometry of Cutting Tools
13. Tool Materials
14. Wear and Life of Cutting Tools
15. The Grinding Wheel
16. Design Principles of Cutting Tools
17. Design Principles of Machine Tools
18. Machine Tool Vibrations
19. Numerically Controlled Machine Tools
20. Automation in Manufacturing Systems
21. Computer Aided Manufacturing
22. CNC Part Programming