Engineering Mechanics–Statics and Dynamics is an ideal textbook designed essentially for all engineering students. Adequately equipped with numerous solved problems and exercises, this book provides sufficient material for a two-semester course or two one-semester courses (separately in Statics and Dynamics) in Engineering Mechanics. The book is comprehensive enough to serve as a reference for practising engineers and for those preparing for competitive examinations.
This book Useful for Mechanical Engineering Students.
1. It is organized to achieve a continuous step-by-step build up of the subject.
2. Within each chapter, topics and sequentially coherent subtopics are carefully organized and explained distinctly.
3. The extensive applicability of the basic principles of this subject is emphasized so that the students can use these principles and concepts to solve a variety of problems.
4. Graded unsolved problems are included at the end of each chapter to give the students opportunity to check their progress.
2. Statics of Particles—Concurrent Forces in plane
3. Statics of Particles—Concurrent Forces in space
4. Statics of Rigid Bodies: Non-concurrent Forces in Plane
5. Statics of Rigid Bodies: Non-concurrent Forces in Space
6. Analaysis of Pin-jointed Plane Trusses
7. Uniform Flexible Suspension Cable
9. Centroid and Centre of Gravity
10. Moment of Inertia and Mass Moment of Inertia
11. Method of Virtual Work
12. Kinematics of Particles—Rectilinear Motion
13. Kinematics of Particles—curvilinear Motion
14. Kinetics of Particles—Newton’s Second Law
15. Kinetics of Particles—Work and Energy
16. Kinetics of Particles—Impulse and Momentum
17. Collision of Elastic Bodies
18. Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
19. Kinetics of Rigid Bodies
20. Mechanical Vibrations
Answers for Exercises
Solved Question Papers