Engineering Fluid Mechanics
| About The Book Engineering Fluid Mechanics
Engineering Fluid Mechanics provides the basic concept of fluids and fluid flow which is essential for almost all engineering disciplines. This comprehensive and systematically organized book presents a thorough, concise and accurate discussion of the fundamentals and principles in fluid mechanics. It analyses the problems involving fluid flow using simple mathematical formulations to help students follow the methodologies for future work.
Along with the fundamental principles, the book discusses in detail, the analysis of incompressible and compressible flows, dimensional analysis and similarity, measurements in fluid flow and hydraulic machinery.
The book is designed to serve as a textbook for undergraduate students of civil, mechanical, electrical and electronics, chemical and aeronautical engineering. The book will also be extremely useful for practising engineers.
KEY FEATURES :
Incorporates more than 275 illustrative examples
Includes more than 500 simple diagrams illustrating basic principles and applications
Review questions at the end of each chapter to drill students in self study
Numerical problems and their answers to develop students problem-solving approach
Table of Contents:
1. FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS AND FLUID PROPERTIES
2. ANALYSIS OF FLUID AT REST
3. KINEMATIC ANALYSIS OF FLUID FLOW
4. DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF FLOW
5. ANALYSIS OF INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW
6. ANALYSIS OF FLOW IN PIPES, DUCTS, ORIFICES AND MOUTH PIECES
7. ANALYSIS OF FLOW IN OPEN CHANNELS
8. ANALYSIS OF COMPRESSIBLE FLOW
9. MEASUREMENTS IN FLUID MECHANICS
10. DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS AND MODEL STUDIES
11. BASICS OF HYDRO-TURBOMACHINES
12. HYDRAULIC TURBINES
13. HYDRAULIC PUMPS