The Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra State has introduced the subject of "ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING" as one of the core subjects in the curriculum of Second Year Diploma Courses in Mechanical Engineering Group with effect from the academic year 2013-2014. This book is exclusively written to serve as a text book for this subject.
The subject matter in the book is divided into number of small chapters for convenience. It covers the topics on introduction to electrical power system, a.c. fundamentals, three-phase a.c. circuits, measuring instruments, d.c. motors, transformers, three-phase induction motors, single-phase induction motors, special motors, alternators, industrial applications of electric motors, electrical heating, electric welding, electrometallurgical and electroagro systems, electric wiring and illumination, electric safety, tariffs and power conservation. The system international of units (S.I.) is used throughout the book.
1. Introduction To Electrical Power System
2. A.C. Fundamentals
3. Three-Phase A.C. Circuits
4. Measuring Instruments
5. D.C. Motors
7. Three-Phase Induction Motors
8. Single-Phase Induction Motors
9. Special Motors
11. Industrial Applications Of Electric Motors
12. Electrical Heating
13. Electric Welding
14. Electrometallurgical And Electroagro Systems
15. Electric Wiring And Illumination
16. Electrical Safety, Tariffs And Power Conservation