This textbook has been designed to meet the needs of B.Sc. students of Chemistry as per the UGC Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). This book covers one of the discipline specific elective (DSE) papers, covering topics such as Organometallics, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Polynuclear Hydrocarbons and UV & IR Spectroscopy. With its traditional approach to the subject, this textbook lucidly explains principles of chemistry. Laboratory work has also been included to help students achieve solid conceptual understanding and learn experimental procedures.
This book Useful for B.Sc. students.
Part-I: Inorganic Chemistry
1.Chemistry of 3d Metals
2. Organometallic Compounds
3. Bioinorganic Chemistry
Part-II: Organic Chemistry
1. Polynuclear Aromatic Compounds
2. Heteronuclear Aromatic Compounds
3. Active Methylene Compounds (Acetoacetic and Malonic Ester)
4. Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
5. Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy
Part-III: Laboratory Work
1. Paper Chromatography
2. Preparation of Complex Compounds
3. Qualitative Organic Analysis