Business Communication by Pooja Khanna
One of the core skills sought by business houses is the ability to conduct and communicate with others effectively. Amongst the top five criteria for selecting employees, four communication skills – speaking, writing, listening and interpersonal communication – are rated by recruiters as the most important. Effective communication brings people together. For a business to be successful and relationships to remain healthy, communication plays a vital role.
This book is especially written to meet this purpose. It is in exact conformity with the syllabus of ‘Business Communication’ paper of BCom Honours, Semester II of the University of Delhi, under Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC). It lucidly answers the basic questions on misconceptions in communication, the importance of paralanguage, the key to preparing for interviews and many such issues.
Audience of the Book :
|For B.Com. (Hons.) Semester - VI ,University of Delhi(Three-Year Degree Course)|
The main features of the book are as follows:
• Analysis of vital components of business communication
• Informative use of illustrations, examples, diagrams and pictures
• Inclusion of review questions and university examination questions
• New tools for business communication, like emails, teleconferencing, video conferencing, telex and fax
Table of Contents:
• What is Communication?
• Types of Communication - Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
• Different Forms of Communication
• Barriers to Communication
• Letter Writing • Presentation
• Inviting Quotation Sending Quotation, Placing Orders
• Sales Letters, Claim & Adjustment Letters
• Social Correspondence
• Notices, Agenda, Minutes
• Resume Writing
• Report Writing
• Importance of Business Language
• Oral Presentation-Importance, Characteristics/Powerpoint Presentation