It gives immense pleasure to introduce “Antimicrobial Resistance Crisis in Current Medical Era [A Pandemic]”. Antibiotics have played a crucial role in improving the public health over the decades. Their usage has helped people live longer and healthier. Excessive and inappropriate use over the years is threatening to reverse health benefits achieved with antibiotics. Globally, human consumption has risen 35% between 2000 and 2010. BRICS nations responsible for more than three quarter of the surge. Antibiotic resistance is closely linked to inappropriate use of antibiotics. It is estimated that 50% or more of hospital antimicrobial use is inappropriate.
It is urgent global threat which requires urgent attention and action. This increasing AMR is threatening to undermine the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
This book Useful for Pharma Student.
1. Introduction to Antimicrobials and AMR in India
2. Classification of Antimicrobials
3. Evidence based latest Antimicrobial Policy
4. Good Practices while Prescribing Antimicrobials
5. Antimicrobial Stewardship, its Process and Implementation
6. Role of Different Committees in Monitoring Stewardship Program
7. Alarming Antimicrobial Resistance
8. Causative Factor and Challenges of Antimicrobial Resistance
9. Ways to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance and National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance
10. Preventing Steps to Combat AMR
11. Monitoring and Ensuring Medicine Quality
12. Assessing Medicine Use to Identify Problems and Tools for Monitoring Medicine Use
13. Assessment of Medicine Quality
14. Importance of Standard Treatment Workflows
15. Intervention to Improve Medicine Use and Promoting Rational Use of Medicines
16. Medication Errors in Healthcare System
17. Case Studies of Antimicrobial Resistance