A Textbook Of Oscillations, Waves And Acoustics
|A Textbook Of Oscillations, Waves And Acoustics
This book introduces to acoustics. It is mainly written for undergraduate students of science and engineering. This book is based on the U.G.C. curriculum. Some new articles are also included. A few university problems are solved and some questions are also included in this edition.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. FOURIER ANALYSIS.
2. Written in a lucid and easy-to understand language.
3. FREE, DAMPED AND FORCED VIBRATION.
|Table of Contents:|
1. Sound and its Character
2. Simple Harmonic Motion
3. Free, Damped and Forced Vibration
4. Coupled Vibration
5. Fourier Analysis
6. Anharmonic (Asymmetric) Vibration and Combinational Tones
7. Wave Motion
8. Reflection, Refraction, Interference, Diffraction, Stationary Wave, Beats, Phase Velocity and Group Velocity, Doppler Effect
9. Velocity of Acoustic Waves (Longitudinal and Transverse Wave)
10. Transverse Vibration of Stretched String and Stringed Musical Instruments
11. Vibration of a Bar
12. Vibration of Membranes and Plates
13. Vibration of Air Column
14. Heat Maintained Sound
15. Velocity of Sound and its Measurements
16. Frequency and its Measurement
17. Intensity and its Measurement
18. Speech and Hearing
19. Musical Sound
20. Microphones and Loud Speakers
21. Recording of Sound and Reproduction
22. Shock Waves — Explosive Sound
24. Architectural Acoustics
25. Electrical Analogy of Acoustic Vibration