This book on "Internal Combustion Engines" has been written to meet exhaustively the requirements of various syllabi in this subject for courses of B.E., B.Tech. B.Sc. (Engg.) of various Indian universities. It is equally suitable for U.P.S.C. (Engg. Services) and Section B - A.M.I.E. (India) Examinations.
This book Useful for engineering & competitive exam.
1. The presentation of the subject matter is very systematic and the language of text is in a lucid, direct and easy to understand manner.
2. Each chapter of the book is saturated with much needed text supported by neat and self-explanatory diagrams to make the subject matter self-speaking to a great extent.
3. A large number of solved examples, properly graded, have been added in various chapters to enable the students to attempt different types of questions in the examination without any difficulty.
4. At the end ot each chapter Highlights, Objective Type Questions, Theoretical Questions and Unsolved Examples have been added to make the book a complete unit in all respects.
1. Basic Concepts of Thermodynamics
2. Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines
3. Air Standard Cycles
4. Fuel-Air and Actual Cycles
5. Combustion in S. I. Engines
6. Combustion in C. I. Engines
7. Air Capacity of Four Strok Engines
8. Two Stroke Engines
9. Chemical Thermodynamics and Fuels (Conventional and Alternative)
10. Fuel/Air Mixture Requirements
11. Carburetion and Carburettors
12. Fuel Injection Systems for C. I. Engines
13. Ignition Systems (S. I. Engines)
14. Engine Friction and Lubrication
15. Engine Cooling
16. Supercharging of I. C. Engines
17. Testing and Performance of I. C. Engines
18. Air Pollution from I. C. Engines and Its Control
19. Miscellenous Engines
20. Air Compressors
21. Gas Turbines and Jet Propulsion
22. Universities Examinations' Questions (latest-selected) With Answers/solutions
23. Gate And Upsc Examinations' Questions (latest-selected) With Answers/solutions