A Textbook Of Engineering Mechanics
|A Textbook Of Engineering Mechanics
Engineering Mechanics is a textbook for B.E. /B.Tech. students of Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur. The book has been written according to the new syllabus BE-105 introduced from the session 2012 – 13. The book cotains nine chapters comprising of Force Systems and Moment; Centroid, Centre of Gravity and Moment of lnertia; Frames and trusses; Simple Stresses in Beams; Torsion of Circular Shafts; and Introduction to Friction.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The book contains a large number of solved and unsolved problems.
2. The special features of the book are: Multiple Choice Questions, Short Answer Type Questions and end of chapters Exercises.
|Table of Contents:|
1. Force System and Moments
2. Centroid, Centre of Gravity and Moment of Inertia
3. Frames and Trusses
4. Simple Stresses and Strains
5. Shear Force and Bending Moment
6. Bending Stresses in Beams
7. Shearing Stresses in Beams
8. Torsion of Circular Shaft
9. Introduction to Friction