Elements Of Electrical Power Station Design
| About The Book Elements Of Electrical Power Station Design
This comprehensive textbook is primarily aimed at undergraduate engineering students of Electrical Engineering, both at degree and diploma level.
The book covers preliminary designs and economic loading of diesel-electric stations, steam stations, nuclear power stations and hydro-electric stations. It discusses load forecasting, economic load dispatch, unit commitment problem, methods of scheduling stations, allocation control, system reliability and system security. Trends in power plant instrumentation and control are also presented. The important problems of pollution control and performance standards of thermal power stations are discussed. The application of computers in power systems is touched.
The book also explains the need of using unconventional sources of energy and plants, like biogas plants, biomass plants, solar electric system and wind electric system to save fossil fuels. Rural energy demands and methods of forecasting energy demands are elaborated.
Table of Contents:
Principal Symbols and Abbreviations
1. Prediction of Load
2. Choice of Power Station and Units
3. Diesel-electric Stations: Preliminary Design
4. Steam Stations: Preliminary Design
5. Gas Turbine Stations and Combined Cycles
6. Elements of Nuclear Power Stations
7. Hydro-electric Stations: Preliminary Design-I
8. Hydro-electric Stations: Preliminary Design-II
9. Combination of Hydro-electric and Steam Stations
10. Major Electrical Plant in Power Stations
11. Power Stations Control and Interconnection
12. Protective Relaying for Power Stations
13. Economic Loading of Power Stations
14. Modern Trends in Power Station Design and Operation
15. Modern Trends in Power Plant Instrumentation and Control
16. Unconventional Sources of Energy and Plants