Telemedicine - Technology And Applications (mhealth, Telehealth And ehealth) by R. S. Khandpur
Having now come of age, telemedicine has the potential of having a greater impact on the future of medicine than any other modality. Telemedicine, in the final analysis, brings reality to the vision of an enhanced accessibility of medical care and a global network of healthcare, which was not even imagined two decades ago. Today, the field of telemedicine has expanded rapidly and is likely to assume greater importance in healthcare delivery in the coming times.
To address the developing trend of telemedicine applications in both urban and rural areas throughout the world, this book has been designed to discuss different technologies which are being applied in the field of telemedicine and their applications including advances in wireless technologies, the use of fibre optics in telecommunication, availability of broadband Internet, digital imaging technologies and compressed video techniques that have eliminated the problems of telemedicine and also reduced the cost. Starting with the basic hospital based telemedicine system and leading to mHealth, teleHealth and eHealth, the book covers as to how various physiological signals are acquired from the body, processed and used for monitoring the patients anywhere anytime.
The book is primarily intended for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation, Computer Science and Information Technology and Hospital Management and Nursing.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management, Computer Science, IT & Biomedical Engineering students.
Table Content :
1 Fundamentals of Telemedicine
2. Telemedicine Systems
3. Technology of Telemedicine Systems
4. The Telemedicine Workstation and Interfacing Techniques
5. Telecommunication Technologies for Telemedicine
6. Networking in Telemedicine
7. Wireless Technologies for Telemedicine
8. Mobile Health and Ubiquitous Healthcare
9. Telehome Care and Telehealth
10. Personal Health Monitors
11. eHealth and Cyber Medicine
12. Videoconferencing Systems and Multimedia Data Exchange
13. Applications of Telemedicine
14. Ethical, Privacy, Security and Legal Issues in Telemedicine
Glossary • Index