| About The Book Statistics Made Simple Do It Yourself On Pc
This textbook, now in its second edition, is designed for the students opting for courses in research methodology. It is also intended for the postgraduate students of population studies, sociology, economics, psychology and anthropology.
Written in a reader-friendly style, this thoroughly revised text teaches the students how to handle data and get the desired output through commonly available software like Microsoft Office 2007 and Excel using a step-by-step approach. Real-life data have been analyzed and illustrated through graphs, tables and screenshots. An entire chapter is devoted to Crystal Reports (CRP) software, which is currently used for rendering custom-designed reports from databases.
This book will also benefit all those professionals who are not aware of the use of computer for data handling and statistical analysis.
NEW TO THIS EDITION :
The earlier chapter on Data Handling and Statistics through FoxPro has been replaced by a new chapter titled Data Handling and Statistics through MS-Access.
Chapter 10 on FoxPro Programming for Quick Statistics has been replaced by a new chapter titled Data Analysis using Crystal Reports.
Statistical analysis with SPSS has been thoroughly revised.
Several new examples and exercises have been included.
Table of Contents:
Preface to the First Edition
1. THE ROLE OF STATISTICS IN RESEARCH
2. BASICS OF A COMPUTER
3. WINDOWS AND MS-OFFICE FOR RESEARCH STUDIES
4. DATA HANDLING AND STATISTICS THROUGH
5. DATA HANDLING IN EXCEL
6. GRAPHS AND CHARTS IN EXCEL
7. DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS USING EXCEL
8. INFERENTIAL STATISTICS USING EXCEL
9. CORRELATION AND REGRESSION ANALYSIS
10. DATA ANALYSIS USING CRYSTAL REPORTS
11. TREND ANALYSIS AND RELATED TOOLS IN EXCEL
12. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS WITH SPSS