Start Leading -Acquire Leadership Lesson From Coaching, Mentoring And Leadership Experts by Prof. M. S.Rao
"It is from books that wise men derive consolation in the troubles of life."-Victor Hugo This book contains book reviews from international leadership, coaching and mentoring experts.
It provides leadership lessons in a distilled format to ensure leadership takeaw
Augment your leadership brand.
ays. It helps:
Acquire leadership tools and techniques.
Adopt the best leadership strategies and practices.
Enhance your leadership effectiveness.
Excel as a successful leader.
This book is a "short course" on leadership useful for people who lead a hectic life. It presents key ideas and insights about leadership, coaching and mentoring on a platter to read in one sitting and practice. It unfolds you to cherry-pick essence of leadership tools and techniques to become a successful leader. It serves as a quick reference guide for students, educators, learners, and leaders.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management Students.
Table of Contents:
2. Serve to Lead: Your Transformational 21st Century Leadership System – James M. Strock
3. Leader Interpersonal and Influence Skills: The Soft Skills of Leadership – Ronald E. Riggio and Sherylle J. Tan
4. Exploring Distance in Leader – Follower Relationships: When Near is Far and Far is Near (LEADERSHIP: Research and Practice) – Michelle C. Bligh and Ronald E. Riggio
5. PerceptionCoaching and Mentoring Theory and Practice – Bob Garvey, Paul Stokes and David Megginson
6. Coaching and Mentoring for Business – Grace McCarthy
7. Starting Strong: A Mentoring Fable – Lois J. Zachary and Lory A. Fischler
8. The Strategic Manager – Harry Sminia
9. Top Performance Leadership: A Dynamic and Achievable New Approach to Delivering First-Class, Sustainable Results – Dr. Graham Jones
10. Theodore Roosevelt on Leadership: Executive Lessons from the Bully Pulpit – James M. Strock
11. Awesomely Simple: Essential Business Strategies for Turning Ideas Into Action – John Spence
12. Leadership Brand: Developing Customer-Focused Leaders to Drive Performance and Build Lasting Value – Dave Ulrich and Norm Smallwood
13. References & Epilogue