The SSC MTS exam is a national-level competitive test conducted by the Staff Service Commission for recruiting Multi-Tasking Staff to a variety of posts such as peon, draftary, mali, safaiwala, and chowkidar, across different central government departments and ministries. Since this competitive exam opens up government employment avenues for candidates with a basic Class 10 education (or a recognized equivalent thereof), it draws hoards of aspirants. The competition for the exam is huge, candidates must have a thorough preparation plan in place in order to succeed. An important step of successfully working toward this career goal is to incorporate SSC MTS previous year papers in your preparation process. This helps you develop an understanding of the exam pattern, difficulty level, nature of questions as well as sectional weightage.
The Exam Pattern
To be able to fully grasp what’s being asked in SSC MTS previous year question papers
and attempt these well, you need to understand the exam pattern first. The SSC
MTS recruitment the process comprises two exams – a Computer Based Test (CBT) and a descriptive test – followed by document verification. A candidate must clear all three stages of the selection process in order to be appointed as SSC MTS staff.
The CBT is an online test with MCQ-type question carrying a total of 100 marks broke down into four sections – general intelligence & reasoning, numerical aptitude, general English, and general awareness, each carrying 25 questions. Candidates are awarded one mark for every correct answer, and 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer. The CBT is conducted in English as well as Hindi.
In the descriptive paper, qualifying candidates are required to write a short essay or letter in English, Hindi or any one of the regional languages recognized in the 8th schedule of the Indian Constitution. The paper carries a weight of 50 marks and the total duration of the exam is 30 minutes.
Candidate who meet the cut-off in the SSC MTS Paper II are called for document verification, which is the final stage of the selection process.
The Right Approach to Solving SSC MTS Previous Year Papers
Your the aim should be to get the maximum number of questions right in the CBT and write a perfectly polished essay or letter in the descriptive exam. To be able to achieve this, it is imperative to solve the SSC MTS previous year papers the right way:
- Go through all the questions in a given section before you start attempting the paper.
- Once you understand the question in the SSC MTS exam question papers, prepare a strategy to attempt the maximum number of questions in a methodical manner.
- But make sure you only attempt the questions you know the answers to with a degree of certainty, as you stand to lose marks for every wrong answer.
- Time yourself for all your SSC MTS past year papers attempts to make sure you finish within the stipulated time limit.
- Once you have finished attempting a paper, assess your performance objectively.
- Evaluate where you went wrong and try to improve on your weak areas.
Benefits of Solving SSC MTS Previous Year Papers
SSC MTS previous year question papers serve as the strong foundation for your preparation for this competitive exam. Here’s how:
- Solving SSC MTS previous year papers repeatedly and consistently throughout the course of your preparation helps you understand the exam pattern well.
- It also gives you an insight into the exact nature of the questions asked in the exam.
- Attempting SSC MTS past year papers improve your speed and accuracy, which prove to be a huge asset in the actual exam.
- SSC MTS exam question papers are the best tool to assess the difficulty level of the exam and adjust the input of your preparation accordingly.
- It gives you a reality check on your preparedness, allowing you to make changes, focus on your weak areas and put in more hard work, if necessary.
- It allows you to identify the type of questions that are repeated year after year. You can then put in extra effort in mastering these topics and improve your score.
At KopyKitab, you can access a wide range of SSC MTS previous year question papers PDF download
option with ease. Our collection of SSC Multi Tasking Staff previous year question papers PDFs
and SCC MTS books
is sufficient for not just clearing both these exams but also in making it to the top of the merit list.