SChand’s Science For Class VI
SChand's Science For Class VI by BK Gowel And Sangeeta
S. Chand's Science is a series of 3 books which has been written in accordance with the curriculum of NCERT and CBSE. While developing the contents the CCE guidelines of CBSE have been kept in mind. The philosophy of the text is to integrate the Science with innovative technology and co-relate it with children’s own experiences from their everyday life.
Many simple activities have been incorporated in the text to clarify the concepts wherever necessary. The apparatus required for the activities is minimal and easy to make which can be comfortably improvised by the students themselves according to requirements. The activities will help the students in developing skills such as presentation, reasoning and drawing inferences.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Develop a curiosity about their surroundings and the world and learn to find answers to their questions.
2. Develop further the instinct of critical thinking which the child is supposed to again in pre-school exposure.
3. Understand the importance of interdependence between living and non-living things and realise the importance of harmony in the natural world.
4. Learn about the concept of good health and hygiene.
Table of Contents:
2. Components of Food
3. Separation of Substances and Cleaning Food
4. Materials of Daily Use: Clothes
5. Kinds of Materials
6. Changes Around Us
7. Living and Non-living Things
8. Plants-Forms and Functions
9. Animals-Forms and Functions
10. Habitat of the Living
11. Moving Things and Measurement
12. Electric Current and Circuits
13. Magnets and Magnetism
15. Importance of Water and Air
16. Domestic Waste