SChand’s Science For Class VII
SChand's Science For Class VII by BK Gowel And Sangeeta
S. Chand's Science is a series of 3 books which has been written in accordance with the curriculum of NCERT and CBSE. While developing the contents the CCE guidelines of CBSE have been kept in mind. The philosophy of the text is to integrate the Science with innovative technology and co-relate it with children’s own experiences from their everyday life.
Many simple activities have been incorporated in the text to clarify the concepts wherever necessary. The apparatus required for the activities is minimal and easy to make which can be comfortably improvised by the students themselves according to requirements. The activities will help the students in developing skills such as presentation, reasoning and drawing inferences.
Effort has been made to help the students to recapitulate with the help of useful questions in every unit of the chapter. At the end of each chapter long and short answer type questions, fill-in the blanks, MCQs have also been given as per CCE guidelines.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Colourful illustrations portraying real-life situations have been given to help the students to enhance the presentation of concepts and make them more meaningful and clear to the students.
2. Meticulous care has been taken to make the series error-free still constructive feedback from teachers and users is welcome which will help us to make the series more user-friendly and error-free.
Table of Contents:
1. Nutrition in Plants
2. Utilization of Food in Plants and Animals
3. Fibres to Fabric
4. Heat and Temperature
5. Acids, Bases and Salts
6. Physical and Chemical Changes
8. Surroundings affect the Living
10. Transportation in Plants and Animals
11. Multiplication in Plants
12. Motion and Time
13. Electric Current and its Uses
14. Rain, Thunder and Lightning
18. Waste Management