SChand Success Guide In Physical Chemistry
|SChand Success Guide In Physical Chemistry
This book has been written in question-answer style. This will apprise the students of the style and nature of questions that are asked in the examination and the manner of answering them appropriately. Every effort has been made to present the subject matter lucidly by using a simple and clear language. If the student makes an earnest effort, he can follow the subject-matter readily.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Physical chemistry in a Nutshell, which is a special feature of the book, has been provided in the beginning. It will prove to be very useful to the students in last minute revision for the examination.
2. A number of questions that appeared in the papers of different universities during the last couple of years have been solved in different chapters.
3. Chapters on solutions and dilute solutions, quantum mechanics and statistical thermodynamics have been expanded to include several new concepts.
|Table of Contents:|
1. Gaseous State
2. Liquid State
3. Solutions and Dilute Solutions
4. Chemical Kinetics
5. Surface Chemistry (Adsorption and Catalysis)
6. Thermodynamics–I (Including Thermochemistry)
9. Polymers or Macromolecules
11. Electrochemical Cells
13. Quantum Mechanics
14. Statistical Mechanics
15. Distribution Law
16. Phase Rule
17. Solid State
18. Physical Properties and Molecular Structure
19. Chemical Equilibrium
20. Colloidal State
21. Molecular Symmetry and Group Theory
22. Mathematical Concepts and Computers