It gives us great pleasure in placing this book in the hands of the First Year Pharm D. students who did not opt. Biology at their H.S.C. exam. The contents of this book have been prepared in accordance with the revised syllabus prescribed, implemented from June 2014.
While describing the course contents, sufficient care has been taken to quote the suitable examples of medicinal and pharmaceutical importance where so ever applicable. Every attempt has been made to provide the maximum number of diagrams of medicinal plants and animals as referred in curriculum.
We hope the valuable information given in this book will be definitely useful to the students, while studying the curriculum of Pharmacognosy in First Year of the degree course of Pharm D.
This book Useful for D. Pharma student.
1. Introduction and Relevance of Biology to Pharmaceutical Sciences
2. History of Biology
3. Modern Concepts of Biology
4. General organization of Plant Cell and its Inclusions
5. Plant Tissues
6. Plant Kingdom and its Classification
7. Morphology of Roots, Stems, Leaves and their modifications
8. Study of Flowers, Inflorescence and Pollination
9. Morphology of Fruits and Seeds
10. Plant Physiology
11. Plant Taxonomy
12. Study of Microbes (Yeast, Bacteria, Fungi and Penicillium)
13. Study of Animal Cell
14. Study of Animal Tissues
15. Broad Classification of Animal Kingdom
16. Detailed Study of Frog
17. Study of Pisces, Reptiles and Aves
18. General Organization of Mammals
19. Study of Poisonous Animals