It gives us great pleasure in placing this Practical book Remedial Biology in the hands of the First Year Pharm D. degree course is approved for registration of Pharmacist by Pharmacy Council of India. Specifically the subject "Remedial Biology" is to be opted by students who have not covered biology at their 12th standard; but without biology it is very difficult to understand our pharamaceutical subjects.
The contents of this book have been prepared in accordance with the revised syllabus prescribed, implemented from June 2014. While describing the course contents, sufficient care has been taken to quote the suitable examples where so ever applicable. Every attempt has been made to provide the maximum number of diagrams.
This book Useful for D. Pharma student.
1. Introduction to Biology Experiments
2. (A) Study of Cell Wall Constituents (B) Study of Cell Inclusions
3. Study of Starch Grains
4. Study of Calcium Oxalate Crystals
5. Study of Stem Modifications
6. Modifications of Roots
7. Modifications of Leaves
8. Modifications of Fruits
9. Identification of Seeds
10. Preparation of Permanent Slides
11. Study of Microscopic Characters of Indian Senna Leaflet
12. Study of Microscopic Characters of Cassia Bark
13. Study of Microscopic Characters of Ephedra Stem
14. Study of Podophyllum-Rhizome and Root
16. Study of Rate of Transpiration in Plants
18. Identification of Animals
19. Detailed Study of Frog