Medicinal plants are the eco-friendly to the human. They are so called medicinal plants because they are used for the medicinal purposes and are procured from trees, shrubs, woody perennials, annual plants, herbs, climbers, some beneficial fungi, mosses, algae etc. They are used for treatment of many diseases from prehistoric period and thus referred as “Medical Herbalism”. Earlier herbs are known as non-woody plants but in recent era, herbs are referred to be any part of the plants like leaves, fruits, barks, flowers, roots stems and stems. From the starting of civilization, by trial and error methods, people are differentiated between the therapeutically beneficial and poisonous plants and their usefulness in daily life by observing animals. Looking at that, today our researchers founded effectiveness of many natural active compounds and isolated many of them for emerging therapeutic benefits. Most of the informations are confined to research industries, premier institutions or in a scattered way in the research journals.
1. Living World and Morphology of Flowering Plants
2. Body Fluid, Circulation, Digestion, Absorption, Breathing and Respiration
3. Excretory Products and their Elimination, Neural Control and Co-ordination, Chemical Co-ordination and Regulation and Human Reproduction
4. Plants and Mineral Nutrition and Photosynthesis
5. Plant Respiration, Plant Growth and Development, Cell – The Unit of Life and Tissues