Rajakeeya Siddhanta (In Kannada) by Dr. Meena Deshpande & B K Dattatri
This Textbook of Political Theory is written for the students pursuing their under graduate and post-graduate degree courses in Political Science at all the Universities in Karnataka. The book covers most of the topics mentioned in the latest syllabi of Universities in the state.
Political theory is one of the basic papers at undergraduate and post graduate levels in Political science. This book would serve as a reliable source for teachers and students and the material is presented in a student-friendly style making it easy to understand difficult concepts.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Political Science at all the Universities in Karnataka.
The main features of the book are as follows:
• Imparting knowledge about the growth of political theory & basic concepts. Various theories leading to the basic concepts are critically analysed.
• An attempt to track the evolution of political theories and present the views of eminent political thinkers wherever necessary.
• The recent developments and debates in political theory are discussed and explained.
• A glossary of technical terms in English with Kannada translation tracing their evolution and the present connotation is given.
1. Evolution of Political Theory, Behaviorism and Post-behaviorism
2. State, Society and Nation
3. Theories of State
4. Theories of Sovereignty and Rights
5. Law, Liberty and Equality
6. Justice-conceptualization and Theories
7. Theories of Democracy
8. Socialism: Utopian Socialism, Fabianism, Democratic Socialism and Marxism
10. Capitalism, Imperialism and Dependency Theory
11. Anarchism, Civil Society, Modernism, Post-modernism, Multiculturalism and Communitarianism
12. Glossary of Words.