Quantity survey is generally considered as one subject, i.e. Estimation of the probable quantities of work prior to construction. But actually it is not so. Quantity Survey comprises of a group of subjects of which Estimation is one. Estimation of the quantities of items of work prior to commencement of work involved is a part of the Quantity Survey. It also involves measurement of the completed work and preparation of bills for interim and final payment. It also includes costing and preparation of specification and Analysis of Rates.
Apart from the above, Quantity Survey involves other various subjects Building Economics, Tendering procedure, Arbitration, Valuation and Construction Management. All these are now parts of Quantity Survey Subject. Quantity Survey is now included in the all Syllabus in many Universities in India and in foreign countries.
This book Useful for Civil Engineering Students.
1. Quantity Survey
2. Estimation of buildings
3. Estimation of Reinforcement
4. Estimation of special sections and structures
5. Water supply and Sanitatry Engineering
7. Irrigation Works
8. Building Economics
9. Comprehensive Status Report
10. Road Works
11. Tendering, Contractual Procedure, Drafting of tender and
12. Procedure of taking measurements of work and
14. Analysis of Rates
17. Computerised Estimation of Quantities of work
18. Construction Management
19. Prevalent Schedule of Rates
Objective Type of Questions