The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The opening chapters presents the fundamental principles of Programming Languages while other
2. chapters provide implementation based concepts.
3. Brief summaries of various languages like C, C++, FORTRAN, JAVA, ADA etc.
4. Organized into parts with self contained coverage of major programming paradigms.
5. Expanded discussion of Object Oriented Programming.
6. A variety of exercises have been added to each chapter to further reinforce learning.
7. Text is not oriented to any one Language. Examples of language constructs are given in several 8
8. languages to demonstrate the universality.
9. Overall, this book provides both broad and deep coverages of languages design principles and the major paradigms.