Production Planning And Control : Text And Cases by Mukhopadhyay
This comprehensive and up-to-date text, now in its Third Edition, describes how the latest techniques in production planning and control are applied to contemporary industrial setups so as to meet the ever-increasing demands in industrial organizations for better quality of services, for faster delivery of products and for adapting to the rapid changes taking place in the industrial scenario. With the demands in the industrial arena increasingly tending to be lumpy, the most effective strategy for planning and controlling production processes cannot be a static, preconceived one. Instead, it is one that is flexible and is capable of adapting to the erratic changes in demand patterns. Evolving such a strategy requires more of practical skill than mere theoretical knowledge of the subject.
Audience of the Book :
This book would serve as a useful textbook to postgraduate students of management as well as undergraduate students of industrial engineering. It will be equally useful to the teaching community and the practicing professionals.
The main features of the book are as follows:
• Gives solved problems that serve as numerical illustrations of the theoretical concepts.
• The Case Studies given focus on the Indian scenario; these will be of great practical value to students and professionals alike.
• Offers substantial coverage of the modern heuristic methods, the Kanban system and the ERP techniques.
Table of Contents:
1. Facilities Location and Layout
3. Aggregate Planning
5. Capacity Management
6. Lot Sizing Rules
7. Scheduling Decision Rules
8. Cases and Examples
10. ERP with SAP R/3
11. Leagile Manufacturing: A Contemporary Manufacturing Syndrome