The book, now in its third edition, continues to elucidate the concepts and topics of Product Policy and Brand Management in a concise and clear manner. The text has been further enriched by introducing nine more case studies based on the power of branding, positioning of the brands, repositioning and pricing strategy.
The book has been systematically divided into four parts. Part I on “Fundamentals of Product Management” throws light on the concepts of product and its management, role of product managers, product life cycle, diffusion models, developing a product manager, and the product planning system and strategies. Part II on “New Product Development” explains the challenges that are faced by a new product during its development, the test marketing stages and its alternatives, launching a product, future trends of product management and success stories. Part III on “Brand Management” defines branding, branding decisions, brand equity, brand identity, and brand positioning. Whereas, Part IV exclusively includes 30 live case studies that provide an analytical and practical insights to the readers on the discussed concepts.
The text is primarily intended for the students of MBA, MMS, and ME/MTech (Industrial Management). Besides, the book is also a valuable source for practising managers.
Part I: Fundamentals Of Product Management
1. Product Policy Management
2. Product Manager And Product Management Organization
3. Product Life Cycle
4. Developing A Product Portfolio: Product Portfolio Analysis
5. The Product Planning System And Strategies
Part II: New Product Development And Its Barriers
6. New Product Development And Its Various Phases
7. Test Market And Its Alternatives, Product Launch And Commercialization
8. Future Trends And Product Management
Part III: Brand Management
9. Brand Management
10. Brand Equity
11. Brand Identity
Part IV: Live Case Studies
12. Case Studies In Product And Brand Management