| About The Book Process Control
Process control, a sub-discipline of automatic control, involves tailoring methods for the efficient operation of industrial processes. Proper application of process control improves the safety and profitability of a process, while maintaining consistently high product quality.
This book is a comprehensive introduction to the vast and important field of control systems. The text introduces the theory of automatic control and its applications to the chemical process industries with emphasis on topics that are of use to the process control engineers and specialists. It also covers the advanced control strategies and its practical implementation with an excellent balance of theoretical concepts and engineering practice.
Extensive coverage of topics such as Feedback control, Modelling, Controller design, and response analysis and stability criterion per evaluating robustness of control systems.
Large number of illustrative figures and solved examples at the end of the chapters.
Extensive set of review questions and self-check quizzes with answers at the end of each chapter.
Case studies for bridging the gap between theoretical learning and practical implementation.
Designed to serve as a textbook for both undergraduate and postgraduate students of chemical engineering, this book will also be useful for mechanical, instrumentation and electrical engineers who help design process control systems.
Table of Contents:
PROCESS CONTROL CONCEPTS
1. Introduction to Process Control Systems
2. Process Control Modelling
3. Feedback Control System
PROCESS CONTROL DYNAMICS AND DESIGN
4. Response Analysis of Control System and Stability Criterion
5. Design of Process Control Systems
ADVANCED PROCESS CONTROL
6. Advanced Process Control Strategies
7. Computer-Aided Process Control
8. Computer Hardware for Process Control
9. Computer Software for Process Control
10. Microcomputer-Based Process ControlA Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
11. Microcomputer-Based Process ControlA Distributed Control System (DCS)
12. Process ControlCase Study
Answers to Self-Check Quizzes