Principles and Practices of Management introduces students to the fundamentals of management through a balanced blend of theory and practice. Highlighting the management practices of successful Indian and foreign companies, the opening vignettes and cases in the chapters depict real-world situations and problems managers face in their professional life. In addition to the concepts, the book also delves into the various academic perspectives that have evolved over time to provide the readers an integrated view of different approaches to management. Each chapter consists of various pedagogical features like Managerial Insights, Managerial Insights—A Revisit, Exhibits, Case Studies and relevant content on management theory.
This book Useful for Management Student.
1. Managerial Insight: Every chapter starts with the feature Managerial Insight focusing on a real-life situations and managerial issues involved in various Indian companies.
2. Managerial Insight—A Revisit: Managerial Insight: A Revisit marks the closing of the same case discussed in the Managerial Insight and is presented at the end of main text. There are a set of questions related to the key aspects of the case.
3. Exhibits: There are over 50 exhibits illustrating cases of various Indian enterprises with a focus on the areas including entrepreneurial/managerial challenges, global business implications, ethical and social considerations.
4. Exercises and Questions: Each chapter has various questions, which provide a fairly comprehensive coverage of the major points and topics contained in the text.
5. Case Studies: Each chapter closes with an exercise in the form of a Case Study with relevant questions.
An Overview of Management:
1. Understanding the Management Process
2. Evolution of Management Thinking
3. Business, Society and Ethics
Strategic Decision Making:
5. Strategic Management: Planning for Long-Term Success
6. Decision-Making Process and Creative Problem-Solving
7. Organizational Structure and Design: Creating Flexible Organization
8. Planning and Management of Human Resources
9. Talent Management: Attracting and Retaining Human Resources
Leading and Controlling:
10. Motivating and Satisfying Employees
11. Leadership: Developing Vision to Transforming Organizations
12. Communicating in The Age of Internet
13. Managerial Control and Techniques
Contemporary Issues in Management:
14. Contemporary Management Thinking
15. Strategic Change: Managing Change and Renewal
16. Knowledge Management and Learning Organization
17. Managing Diversity
18. Corporate Governance