Power Semiconductor Drives by S. Sivanagaraju, M. Balasubba Reddy And A. Mallikarjuna Prasad
This textbook introduces students to the underlying principles of operation of power semiconductor drives. It explains every facet of application of power electronics to the control of electric motors in industrial drives. The book is primarily intended for B.E./B.Tech. students of Electrical Engineering/Electrical and Electronics Engineering having courses in Electric Drives/Power Semiconductor Drives. It will also be highly useful for M.E./M.Tech. students of these disciplines specializing in Power Electronics/Industrial Drives/Electric Drives.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for engineering students.
1. Extensive comparative analysis of various power semiconductor drives
2. Detailed analysis of continuous and discontinuous current conduction modes of operation for semi- and fully-controlled rectifiers
3. Comprehensive derivations of various relevant equations
Table of Contents:
1. Control of DC Motors by Single-phase Converters
2. Control of DC Motors by Three-phase Converters
3. Four Quadrant Operation of DC Drives
4. Chopper Controlled DC Drives
5. Stator Voltage Control of Induction Motor Drives
6. Control of Induction Motor Drives through Stator Frequency
7. Control of Induction Motor Drives from Rotor Side
8. Control of Synchronous Motor Drives