The subject deals with the various physical and physicochemical properties and principles involved in dosage forms/formulations. Practical components of the subject help the student to get a better insight into various areas of formulation research, development and stability studies of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
This book mainly aims in guiding the professor and students regarding the fundamentals principles of physical pharmaceutics.
This book also helps the students in overcoming the obstacles faced by them in practical aspects of physical pharmaceutics.
This book Useful for B. Pharma student.
1. Determination of particle size and particle size distribution using sieving method.
2. Determination of particle size and particle size distribution using microscopic.
3. Determination of bulk density, true density and porosity
4. Determination of angle of repose and influence of lubricant on angle of repose
5. Determination of viscosity of liquid using Ostwald viscometer
6. Determination of sedimentation volume with effect of different suspending agent.
7. Determination of sedimentation volume with effect of different concentrations of single suspending agent.
8. Determination of viscosity of semisolid by using Brookfield viscometer.
9. Determination of reaction rate constant first order.
10. Determination of reaction rate constant second order
11. Accelerated stability studies.