Pharmacognosy - I by S. B. Gokhale, Dr. C. K. Kokate, A. P. Purohit
Gujarat Technological University Ahemadabad, has revised the syllabus of Bachelor of Pharmacy from 2009-10, with introduction of semester system. The subjects and their contents have been updated, taking into consideration the developments in pharmacy profession.
Phytochemical evaluation, modern analytical techniques for screening of herbal drugs, herbal cosmetics, and market products are the new chapters added to the subject Pharmacognosy.
Brief account of plant based industries and information of institutions involved in work of medicinal and aromatic plants in India are the special features that have been incorporated.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Pharma student.
Table of Contents:
1. History, Definition, Scope and Development of Pharmacognosy
2. Sources of Natural Drugs
3. Classification of Crude-drugs
4. Cultivation and Factors Influencing Cultivation
5. Plant Hormones
6. Collection, Processing and Storage of Crude-drugs
7. Macroscopic Characters (Morphology) of Plants
8. Microscopic Characters (Histology) of Plants
9. Quality Control of Crude-drugs
10. Active Chemical Constituents of Crude Drugs
11. Pharmacognostic Studies of Carbohydrates
12. Pharmacognostic Studies of Lipids
Synonyms of Crude Drugs in Various Languages