Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi, vide its Pharm. D Regulations, 2008, Dated 10th May 2008 has approved 4 years Pharm D. Course for the purpose of Registration as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act 1948. The course has already been started in several states i.e. Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. Several Pharmaceutical institutes are conducting the course along with its approved syllabus. Authors have made an attempt to provide the title "Pharmacognosy and Phytopharmaceuticals (Theory)" for Second Year of the course as per prescribed syllabus.
With the developing interest and increasing potential in the field of pharmacy, we feel that this text will generate sufficient enthusiasm among the students, teachers and the fellow pharmacists and will also offer a helping hand to the Practice of pharmacy.
This book Useful for D. Pharma student.
2. Definition, History and Scope of Pharmacognosy
3. Classification of Crude Drugs
4. Collection, Processing and Storage of Crude Drugs
5. Detailed Methods of Cultivation of Crude Drugs
6. Study of Cell Wall Constituents and Cell Inclusions
7. Macroscopical, Microscopical & Powder Characteristic Study of Crude Drugs
8. Study of Natural Pesticides
9. Detailed Study of Various Cell Constituents
10. Carbohydrates and Related Products
11. Detailed Study of Carbohydrate Containing Drugs
12. Analysis of Lipids
13. Detailed Study of Fixed Oils
14. Analysis of Proteins
15. Study of Plant Fibers Used In Surgical Dressings and Related Products
16. Different Methods of Adulteration of Crude Drugs