Every book has its own story, and this one is no different. The new edition of physical education is presented to the teachers as well as students. It is confidently believed that it will furnish them variety of topics essential for the successful instruction in Physical Education. The book is in an easy language and consists of apparent figures that will help the students to conceptualize various topics of Physical Education easily. Premeditated and cautious attempts have been made to bring latest information from the up-to-the-minute literature obtainable in the vicinity of Physical Education.
The introduction of the subjects like, the changing trends & career in physical education, olympic movement, physical fitness, wellness & lifestyle, physical education and sports for differently abled, yoga, physical activity and leadership training, test, measurement and evaluation, fundamentals of anatomy & physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics & sports, psychology & sports, training in sports and doping are presented in simple and easy language. Exercises related to these units and practical on physical fitness (AAHPER), athletics, measuring BMI, latest records at Indian, archery, bocce, gymnastics, badminton, judo, swimming, table tennis, taekwondo and tennis are also given. The book consists of twelve chapters and topics on practical as well for providing awareness and facts concerning both theoretical and practical facet of the subject.
1. Changing Trends and Career in Physical Education
2. Olympic Movement
3. Physical Fitness, Wellness and Lifestyle
4. Physical Education and Sports for Differently Abled
6. Physical Activity and Leadership Training
7. Test, Measurement and Evaluation
8. Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
9. Kinesiology, Biomechanics and Sports
10. Psychology and Sports
11. Training in Sports
1. Physical Fitness (AAHPERD)
9. Table Tennis
12. Calculation of Body Mass Index (BMI)
13. Current National Awardees