| About The Book Optical Communication And Networks
Primarily intended as a textbook for undergraduate courses in electrical, electronics and telecommunication engineering, this compact and student-friendly book presents a comprehensive coverage of optical communication.
Organised in 15 chapters, the text explains the concepts of semiconductors and optical fibers. It discusses in detail cable, optical fiber loss, mathematical analysis of optical fiber operation, optical sources and optical detectors. The book also lucidly explains the basic principles of optical communication system and gives a clear insight into transmitters and receivers, design of optical communication system, opto-digital transmission system, voice transmission through fiber optic communication, video transmission over fiber optic links and optical network. The main objective is to provide a thorough understanding of the principles of optical communication.
A number of solved problems that illustrate the application of theory to reinforce the concepts.
Concepts are explained with block diagrams that highlight the most significant aspects for better understanding.
Numerous objective type questions are provided.
Undergraduate courses in Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication engineering.
Table of Contents:
1. Optical Communication
2. Semiconductors and Optical Fiber
4. Optical Fiber Loss, Signal Distortion and Spectral Dispersion
5. Mathematical Analysis of Optical Fiber Operation
6. Study of Optical Sources
7. Study of Optical Detectors
8. Basic Principles of Optical Communication System
9. Transmitters and Receivers
10. Optical Field Access
11. Design of Optical Communication System
12. Opto-digital Transmission System
13. Voice Transmission through Fiber Optic Communication
14. Video Transmission over Fiber Optic Links
15. Optical Networks
Appendix Objective Type Questions
Answers to the Objective Type Questions