Natural Product Chemistry (Simplified) by Dr. K. S. Jain, Dr. S. B. Gaikwad, Prof. H. H. Puranik
“Natural Product Chemistry - Simplified for T. Y. B. Pharm Semester – VI” is a textbook dealing with another important subject in the pharmacy curriculum. This book is written by us especially for T. Y. B. Pharm. (Sem. VI) students as per the syllabus and caters to the detailed knowledge needs of the students and faculty about natural product chemistry. The study of natural products involves their isolation, purification, structural identification, chemistry, properties and usage. Though, there are books by Indian and many foreign authors on this subject, we have indeed tried to make this book simple to understand and unique in its style and presentation. The contents of the chapters are very easy to understand with numerous structures, figures, examples, spectroscopic data and illustrations. We have adhered to six chapters and their contents in same order, as per the revised syllabus. We expect good and positive response for this book by both the students, as well as, the subject teachers for its quality and style of presentation, contents and lucid explanatory language.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Pharma Student.
Table of Content:
1. Overview of Means and Methods used in Structural Elucidation of Natural Products
2. Characterization and Structural Elucidation of Certain Classes of Secondary Metabolites: (a) Terpenoids (Terpenes), (b) Alkaloids, (c) Flavonoids
3. Methods in Biosynthetic Studies
4. Marine Drugs
5. Natural Product Based Drug Discovery
6. Natural Products used as Pharmaceutical Excipientsand of Allied Industrial Utility