Natural Drug Technology by S.B. Gokhale, Mrs. Sunetra K. Patwardhan, Mrs. Aditi Kulkarni - Joshi
Savitribai Phule Pune University has revised the syllabus of 'Bachelor of Pharmacy' from June 2014, with incorporation of Natural Drug Technology in seventh semester. The course contents of the subject also been updated by taking into consideration the developments in pharmacy profession.
Natural Drug Technology is meant to illuminate relevance and significance of natural drug in traditional as well as modern dosage forms and drug delivery systems. It also signified importance of standardisation of natural drugs and products to obtain quality and therapeutic efficacy to the desired level in the finished product. Introduction of new topics such as cosmeceuticals, bioenhancers and their applications as well as biofuel production using crops gives new dimensions to the field of natural drugs.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Pharma Student.
Table of Content:
1. Standardization of Herbal Drugs
2. Authentication of Plant Material
3. Cultivation and Harvesting Technology
4. Post-harvesting Storage of Crude Drugs
5. Traditional Systems of Medicine
6. Overview of Novel Drug Delivery Systems of Herbal Drugs
7. Herbal Dietary Supplements
9. Natural Pesticides
10. Natural Products