| About The Book Methods And Techniques In Plant Nematology
Covering the syllabus prescribed by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, this book deals with a wide range of practical methods and techniques used in Plant Nematology. It has been designed specially to fulfill the needs of both undergraduate and postgraduate students of Agricultural and Horticultural Universities. It includes both basic and applied aspects of Plant Nematology.
KEY FEATURES :
Includes nematode sampling and extraction techniques from both soils as well as plant tissues.
Provides keys to identify major plant parasitic nematodes.
Includes techniques of drawing and measuring nematodes, histochemical, biochemical and molecular techniques in addition to important techniques related to Remote Sensing, Electron Microscopy, Microplots, Photomicrography, Culturing, Bioagents, Botanicals, Nematicides, etc.
Exclusive chapters on techniques pertaining to specific nematode genus/species and non-specific general techniques applicable to plant nematodes irrespective of the genus/species.
Provides tips for the better results, important points to remember, and advantages or disadvantages of the techniques used.
Besides UG and PG students, this book will serve the needs of research scholars and scientists engaged in the field of Plant Nematology, Plant Pathology, Soil Microbiology and Entomology. It will also be useful to the officials/field personnel of the agricultural and horticultural departments and others concerned with plant protection.
Table of Contents:
|Foreword Preface Acknowledgements|
1. Acquaintance with the Equipments and Materials Used in Plant Nematology
2. Methods of Sampling for Plant Parasitic Nematodes
3. Techniques of Nematode Extraction
4. Techniques of Extraction of Nematodes from Plant Tissues
5. Keys to Identify Major Genera of Plant Parasitic Nematodes
6. Techniques of Nematode Culturing
7. Techniques to Test Pathogenicity
8. Techniques of Handling, Killing, Fixing, Staining and Mounting of Nematodes
9. Techniques of Preservation and Staining of Nematodes in Plant Tissues
10. Techniques of Drawing and Measuring Nematodes
11. Techniques of Histopathology and Histochemistry in Nematology
12. Photomicrographic Techniques
13. Electron Microscopic Techniques
14. Biochemical and Molecular Techniques
15. Techniques of Biochemical Estimations in Nematode Infected Plant Tissues
16. Methods of Assessing Crop Losses
17. Techniques of Nematode Bioassay
18. Microplot Techniques in Nematological Research
19. Techniques of Remote Sensing
20. Techniques Related to the Biological Agents of Nematodes
21. Techniques Related to Entomo-pathogenic Nematodes (EPNs)
22. Techniques Related to Specific Nematodes
23. General Techniques
24. Technique of Soil Solarization
25. Technique Soil Fumigation
26. Techniques for Testing Nematicides
27 Techniques Related to the Use of Botanicals in Nematode Management