| About The Book Managing Innovations And New Product Development
Innovation is the key to success in any business, and is the only way to surpass competition. An innovative concept can lead to the development of a new product. This comprehensive book explains how an innovative idea or a concept, if executed properly, can create the best product in the market.
The book presents a framework for a new product development, laying emphasis on generic concepts and processes, which are useful and profitable for small and large organizations including the multinationals. The book highlights the innovation theories that are helping service sector companies to prosper and excel in their fields. It also provides a mathematical formula for students to calculate sales-estimation of first-time-sales of a new product. The Ten Case Studies on real-life products from the Indian market enrich the text and enable students to fully understand innovative techniques that help increase the potential and market value of an established product.
Key Features :
Gives a number of examples to illustrate the concepts discussed in the text.
Incorporates several illustrative figures, tables, and boxes to make the learning process more accessible.
Provides well-graded chapter-end exercises to test students comprehension of the subject.
Primarily designed as a textbook for the postgraduate students of management, this book will also be useful to the management professionals as a reference.
Table of Contents:
1. MANAGING INNOVATIONS: An Introduction
2. INNOVATION MANAGEMENT: Major Challenges
3. INNOVATIONS MANAGEMENT PROCESS
4. INNOVATION MANAGEMENT OF NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FUNCTION
5. ORGANIZING FOR NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
6. GENERATION, SCREENING AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
7. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS: Evaluation of Portfolio of Products or Projects
8. TEST MARKETING
9. PRODUCT LAUNCH
10. ADOPTION PROCESS: Diffusion of Innovations
11. MANAGING INNOVATION IN SERVICES