| About The Book Management Information Systems In The Knowledge Economy
The textbook, now in its Second Edition, includes a new chapter on ERP as a Business Enabler. The text continues to provide a comprehensive coverage of business applications of management information systems in today's new era of knowledge-based economy where the value of a firm's knowledge assets has become a key source that can be leveraged into long-term benefits. The text focuses on the information systems requirements vis--vis management perspectives required in business environment. The technology innovations are covered, with particular emphasis on Data Management Systems, Decision Support and Expert Systems. On the other hand, several business applications such as e-commerce and mobile applications, made possible only because of continuing innovations in the field of information and communications technology (ICT) are thoroughly treated in the text. Besides, the book covers crucial issues of information security, and legal and ethical issues which are important both from the point of view of technology and business.
The book uses case discussions in each chapter to help students understand MIS practices in organizations. The cases also enable students to grasp how a systemic approach to every functional aspect of management can lead to formulating technology-based strategies in line with corporate goals.
Primarily intended for undergraduate and postgraduate students of management (BBA/MBA), the knowledge and information provided in this book will also be of immense value to business managers and practitioners for improving decision-making processes and achieving competitive advantage.
Table of Contents:
Preface Preface to the First Edition
1. Information Systems in the Knowledge Economy
2. Information Systems for Strategic Advantage
3. Database Design and Process Modelling
4. Decision Support and Expert Systems
5. Knowledge Management for Strategic Advantage
6. Computer Communication Systems
7. Information Systems Supporting e-Commerce Models
8. Information Systems for Mobile Commerce
9. Knowledge Management Applications in Business Functions
10. Information System Security
11. Legal and Ethical Issues
12. ERP as a Business Enabler