About The Book Introduction To Plant Cell, Tissue And Organ Culture
Designed primarily as a text for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Botany and Plant Biotechnology, the book discusses the theoretical aspects and modern applications of plant cell, tissue and organ culture.
Written with the aim of providing up-to-date information on the subject, and focused on the concept of commercialization of plant cell culture, the contents have been presented with clarity.
The book not only discusses the theoretical aspects of plant tissue culture but also emphasizes the art of its practice. It also provides a systematic explanation of asepsis and methods of sterilization, plant tissue culture techniques, culture of reproductive structures, plant tissue culture in germplasm conservation, its applications in the industry and plant pathology and operation and management of greenhouse hardening unit. In addition, it discusses in vitro propagation of plants (micropropagation) with a series of case studies pertaining to tree species and horticultural crops.
Besides students, the book will also prove to be useful for researchers, scholars and teachers.
Table of Contents:
2. Laboratory Facilities, Tools and Techniques
3. Concept of Asepsis and Methods of Sterilization
4. Tissue Culture Media
5. Plant Cell Culture: Basic Concepts
6. Initiation of Plant Tissue Culture
8. Protoplast Culture
9. Culture of Reproductive Structures
10. Variability in Tissue Culture
11. Secondary Metabolite Production in Culture
12. Somatic Embryogenesis
13. Synthetic Seed Technology
14. Plant Tissue Culture in Germplasm Conservation
15. Plant Tissue Culture Industry
16. Greenhouse Hardening Unit Operation and Management
17. Tissue Culture in Plant Pathology
Answers to MCQ