Encyclopaedia of Applied Plant Sciences covers applied plant sciences. Ethnobotany (from ethnology, study of culture, and botany, study of plants) is the scientific study of the relationships that exist between peoples and plants. Medicinal plants have been identified and used throughout human history.
Plants have the ability to synthesize a wide variety of chemical compounds that are used to perform important biological functions, and to defend against attack from predators such as insects, fungi and herbivorous mammals.
This book Useful for Plant Botany and Medicinal Plants Students.
1. Medicinal Plants Used to Treat Neurological Disordersin West Africa: A Case Study with Guinea-Bissau Flora
2. Ethnobotanical Survey of Medicinal Plants Used in Curing Some Diseases in Infants in Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun State, Nigeria
3. Antioxidant Properties of Medicinal Plants from Peru
4. Antioxidant Potential Some Medicinal Plants of Central India
5. Gas Exchange and Growth of Medicinal Plant Subjected to Salinity and Application of Biofertilizers
6. Inhibition of Toxic Effects of Viper and Cobra Venom by Indian Medicinal Plants
7. Effect of Seasonal Variation on Mycorrhizal Fungi Associated with Medicinal Plants in Central Himalayan Region of India
8. Review on Medicinal Plants Propagation: A Comprehensive Study on Role of Natural Organic Extracts in Tissue Culture Medium
9. Activities of Some Nigerian Medicinal Plants Against Aedes Aegypti
10. Phenylpropanoids as the Biologically Active Compounds of the Medicinal Plants and Phytopharmaceuticals
11. Census Ethnobotanical Study of Some Plants Used in Traditional Medicine in the City of Meknes
12. Complementary Treatment of the Common Cold and Flu With Medicinal Plants – Results From Two Samples of Pharmacy Customers in Estonia
13. Human Health Sciences—From Cultivation to Utilization of Medicinal Plants
14. Ethnobotanical Study of Medicinal Plants of Semi-Tribal Area of Makerwal & Gulla Khel (Lying Between Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab Provinces), Pakistan