Introduction To Environmental Biotechnology
- 48% Off₹295.00 ₹154.88Get this eBook
| About The Book Introduction To Environmental Biotechnology
Intended as a text for the students of M.Sc. (Environmental Science), B.Tech. and M.Tech. (Environmental Engineering), B.Tech. (Biotechnology) and B.Sc. (Biotechnology), this thoroughly revised Third Edition incorporates the latest advances and trends in Environmental Biotechnology.
This book is recommended in North Eastern Hill University, Assam.
The text focuses on the utilization of modern biological and biochemical tools, such as Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), cell biological methods, biosensors, bioplastics and bio-fuels. It explains how to conserve the rapidly dwindling bio-resources and judiciously exploit the bio-sphere and also projects the future possibilities of this technology in the 21st century.
This book can also serve as a useful guide to research scholars and practising professionals.
The Third Edition includes :
A new chapter (Chapter 10) containing some special emerging topics, viz. DNA sensing, polymer biodegradation and oil spill bio-remediation.
Updated Chapters 5, 6, 9, 11 with latest information and developments in environmental biotechnology.
KEY FEATURES :
Covers all the aspects of environmental biotechnologyfrom ecosystem to genetic and molecular levelssupported by authentic data and information.
Delineates strategies and protocols for the utilization of microbes in solving problems of environment, including the use of the well-known super-bug Pseudomonas putida.
Discusses modern biotechnological tools in environmental monitoring and analysis.
Uncovers the production processes and advantages of bio-fuels.
Table of Contents:
Preface to the First Edition
1. Environment and Biotechnology
2. Ecosystem Approach in Environmental Management
3. World of Microbes in Relation to Environment
4. Conventional Wastewater Treatment Strategies Using Biosystems
5. Biotechnological Methods of Pollution Detection
6. Biotechnological Methods in Pollution Abatement
7. Biotechnology and Biodegradation
8. Biohydrometallurgy and Biomining
9. Genetically Engineered Microbes in Biotreatment of Wastes and Environmental Safety
10. Emerging Techniques in Specific Pollution Problems
11. Eco-friendly Bio-products for Environmental Health
12. Environmental Biotechnology in the 21st Century