Introduction To Bio-Statistics
|Introduction To Bio-Statistics
This book entitled “Introduction to Biostatistics” is based on my experience of teaching Biostatistics to the students of B.Sc. (Zoology Botany) Courses of Indian Universities. Biostatistics is the study of the application of statistical methodology to analyse biological variations, correlation and regression in biological measurement which is also known as “Biometry”.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. To enhance the utility of this book, a thorough revision and recast along with the addition of numerous examination oriented solved problems as well as a number of topics viz Set theory, Binomial expansion, Permutation, Combination and non parametric statistics have been incorporated.
2. Theoretical discussion as well as solution of problems have been represented in a simple, lucid and unambiguous language so as to cater to the needs of students of all streams of Biosciences. (Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Microbiology & Biotechnology etc.).
|Table of Contents:|
1. Preliminary Concept
2. Frequency Distribution
3. Graphical Representation of Data
4. Central Tendency
5. Measures of Variation
6. Theoretical Distribution
7. Skewness, Kurtosis and Moments
8. Set Theory and Probability
9. Chi-Square Test
10. Student T Distribution
12. F-Test or Fisher’s F Test
15. Analysis of variances (ANOVA)
16. Non-parametric Statistics
17. Statistical Tables
18. Notation and Important Formulae
19. Logarithms Tables