This thoroughly revised and updated Sixth Edition is a result of the enthusiastic reception accorded by the readers to the earlier editions and the wide adoption of the book in academic institutions.
While retaining the major contents of the earlier editions, the new edition provides a clear understanding of the latest tools and techniques used in international finance. The book deals with contemporary financial environment and strategies, and the functional as well as operational aspects in the international financial arena.
The book is primarily intended as a textbook for postgraduate students of Business Management (MBA), Master of International Business (MIB), Master of Commerce, Master of Economics, and Master of Financial Control (MFC). Besides, students of Chartered Accountancy and professionals in the financial field should find the book very valuable.
This book is recommended in Gauhati University, Assam, LNMI Patna, LNMI Muzaafarpur, CIMP Patna, XISS Ranchi, Ranchi University, L.N. Mithila University, Bihar, Birla Institute of Technology, Extension Ctr, Patna, Central University of Bihar (CUB) for M.A. Political Science and International Relations Programme.
Part 1: International Financial and Monetary Environment
1. International Financial Management: An Overview.
2. International Flow of Funds: Balance of Payments.
3. Developments in International Monetary System.
4. Exchange Rate Mechanism.
Part 2: Markets for Foreign Exchange and Derivatives
5. Foreign Exchange Market.
6. Market for Currency Futures.
7. Market for Currency Options.
Part 3: Foreign Exchange Exposure Management
8. Forecasting Exchange Rates.
9. Nature and Measurement of Foreign Exchange Exposure.
10. Management of Foreign Exchange Exposure.
Part 4: International Investment Decision
11. Foreign Direct Investment.
12. International Capital Budgeting.
13. Evaluation and Management of Political Risk.
14. International Portfolio Investment.
Part 5: International Financing Decisions
15. Overview of the International Financial Market.
16. Multilateral Development Banks.
17. International Banking.
18. International Financial Market Instruments.
19. Financial Swaps.
20. Management of Interest-Rate Risk.
Part 6: Management of Short-term Funds
21. International Working Capital Management.
22. Financing of Foreign Trade.
Part 7: Miscellaneous Issues
23. International Accounting.
24. International Indebtedness.
25. International Taxation. Glossary. Country and Currency.