For the first time UPSC has introduced a compulsory paper on the subject –“General Studies and Engineering Aptitude” under Engineering Services Examinations from 2017 onwards. This is mandatory for all branches and disciplines. The ten chapters included in this paper are of great importance for every engineering graduate. The present day industry requires engineers with background of these subjects. Thus it is really a welcome move.
According to a rough estimate, more than fifty percent engineers are required to work in field for execution of projects. For them knowledge of Project Management is essential. A separate chapter on topic – ‘‘Basics of Project Management’’ will be of great help. Engineers with this type of background can start contributing in the jobs assigned to them with little training about peculiarities of site and demands of job.
Apart from having good grasp of technology, engineers are also supposed to care for human values and ethics. They must understand about their contribution towards society and perform their duties in the interest of common man and for sustainable development of the country.
This book Useful for engineering competitive exam.
1. Current Issues of National and Internationl Importance Relating to Social,
Economic and Industrial Development
2. Engineering Aptitude and Reasoning
3. Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
4. General Principles of Design, Drawing and Importance of Safety
5. Standards and Quality Practices in Production, Construction,
Maintenance and Service
6. Basics of Energy and Environment
7. Basics of Project Management
8. Basics of Material Science and Engineering
9. Information and Communication Technologies
10. Ethics and Values in Engineering
Model Test Paper
Solved Paper 2017