PART A of the book presents Fundamentals of Computer and IT in a simple and easy to understand style. The subject matter thoroughly clears the doubts (if any) of both a novice or an experienced computer user.
PART B of this book covers Basics of Programming Using C++. It presents all the C++ programming topics from elementary to basics of file handling with properly tested programming examples.
This book is written for Engineering, M.Tech., M.C.A., M.Sc. (Computer Science), B.C.A., B.I.T., B.Sc., P.G.D.C.A. and other diploma course students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
Motivates the unmotivated and provides the teachers an unequaled approach that allows them to teach students with a disparity of computer experience backgrounds.
Covers detailed theory supplemented with appropriate figures and examples.
Introduces Computer Organization.
Introduces Operating System.
Introduces Word Processor, PowerPoint and Spreadsheets.
Covers evolution of Internet and its applications and services.
Covers Problem Solving and Program Planning.
Provides the Basics of Programming using C++.
Covers abundance of C++ programming examples with proper testing on Turbo C++ Compiler.
Covers adequate number of exercises and review questions of all types.
Provides user friendly approach.
PART - A
1. Computer Basics
2. Introduction to Windows
3. Introduction to MS-WORD
PART - B
1. Introduction to C++ Language
2. Data Types, Variables and Constants
3. Operations and Expressions
4. Control Structures
5. Arrays and String Handling 6. Functions in C++
7. Concepts of Object Oriented Programming
9. Classes and Objects
10. Constructors and Destructors
11. Operator Overloading Concepts and Type Conversions
12. Inheritance (Extending Classes)
13. Pointers, Virtual Functions and Polymorphism
14. Managing Console I/O Operations
15. File Handling
16. Introduction to Information Technology
17. Introduction to Internet and its Applications