| About The Book Fluid Mechanics And Turbomachines
Primarily designed as a text for the undergraduate students of aeronautical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering and other branches of applied science, this book provides a basic platform in fluid mechanics and turbomachines.
This book is recommended in Assam Engineering College, Assam, Jorhat Engineering College, Assam Down Town University, Trident Academy of Technology, Bhubaneswar (TAT).
The book begins with a description of the fundamental concepts of fluid mechanics such as fluid properties, its static and dynamic pressures, buoyancy and floatation, and flow through pipes, orifices, mouthpieces, notches and weirs. Then, it introduces more complex topics like laminar flow and its application, turbulent flow, compressible flow, dimensional analysis and model investigations. Finally, the text elaborates on impact of jets and turbomachines like turbines, pumps and miscellaneous fluid machines.
KEY FEATURES :
Comprises twenty four methods of flow measurements.
Presents derivations of equations in an easy-to-understand manner.
Contains numerous solved numerical problems in S.I. units.
Includes unsteady equations of continuity and dynamic equation of gradually varied flow in open channel.
Table of Contents:
1. FLUID PROPERTIES
2. FLUID PRESSURE AND ITS MEASUREMENT
3. HYDROSTATIC FORCES ON SURFACES
4. BUOYANCY AND FLOATATION
5. KINEMATICS OF FLUID FLOW
6. DYNAMICS OF FLUID FLOW
7. FLOW THROUGH PIPES
8. FLOW THROUGH ORIFICES AND MOUTHPIECES
9. FLOW OVER NOTCHES AND WEIRS
10. OPEN CHANNEL FLOW
11. LAMINAR FLOW
12. TURBULENT FLOW
13. BOUNDARY LAYER IN INCOMPRESSIBLE FLOW
14. DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS AND MODEL INVESTIGATION
15. COMPRESSIBLE FLOW
16. FLOW OF FLUID AROUND SUBMERGED OBJECTS
17. IMPACT OF JETS
18. TURBOMACHINES: HYDRAULIC TURBINES
19. CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS
20. RECIPROCATING PUMPS
21. MISCELLANEOUS FLUID MACHINES
22. DISCHARGE MEASUREMENTS: PRINCIPLES, TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTS